FACILITIES AT DEANSGATE RETIREMENT VILLAGE
- Cottage residents are visited every day Monday to Friday by a fully qualified nursing sister
- 24/7 a day emergency care in the cottages
- Church services in the chapel
- A well-stocked library is available for our residents
- Hairdresser and tuck shop in a modern newly upgraded facility
- A doctor visits Deansgate once a week
- A podiatrist visits Deansgate every 6 weeks
- Occupational therapy sessions are held twice weekly for midcare residents and daily for frail and high care residents, cost is included in the monthly rental
- Physiotherapist on request
- Free transport to local shopping centres twice a week
- An active entertainment committee which provides entertainment for the residents. These activities include a sewing group, a writing group, Bingo and movie evenings.
- Ageless Grace association hold a weekly exercise group
- A pool is available for residents to use
- Well balanced home cooked meals are provided in the restaurant.
- Lunches are R70 per meal this includes a main meal, desert and tea or coffee
- Take-away lunches are available.
- The restaurant is able to cater for residents private functions by arrangement.
A solar heated swimming pool is available for use by the residents
The Deansgate combi provides transport to Rosebank on a Wednesday and Victory Park on a Friday at no cost. Other transport to doctor’s dentists and the like can be arranged through the office at reasonable rates